Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Michael's First Urgent Care and Jacob is 2 Months Old

Yesterday afternoon Michael crawled into his closet, fell, and sliced his right pointer finger. I heard a little cry when he fell, but he came out of the closet just fine. Less than a minute later I saw a bloody handprint on the carpet and freaked out trying to find where he was hurt! Once I found the cut I called Jim who was on his way home and he came and took Michael to the Urgent Care- I was glad Jim went because I was not looking forward to remembering my experience as a child getting stitches (they had to put me in a straight jacket and that STILL didn't work and I STILL remember them advancing on me with that needle!). Jim called me when they were done at the urgent care and apparently while the cut was cleaned, iodine-disinfected and stitched up (3 of em-a bloody process not to mention the pain)...Michael did not cry once. He just grimaced. I couldn't believe it- I mean, did nobody tell this kid he's supposed to scream like he's going to die? It was like he missed the memo and just dealt with the pain. (or maybe what Nicole puts him through on a regular basis is just as bad)

So the doctor bandaged him up and told Jim not to remove the bandage for 2 days, then replace it and keep it on for 15 days. Not FIVE minutes after we got home Michael grabbed the bandage and threw it across the room! I did NOT enjoy seeing those stitches and painful swelling of his little finger and it was SO hard to hold his finger still...but we eventually replaced the bandage and put a sock over it. THIS was taken off in less time. So now we have the sock taped to his long sleeved shirt. For 15 days, and it can't get wet. I honestly wish they had casted it or something so I wasn't contsantly worried about him getting the thing off. I can only imagine what he would do to himself if he got the bandage off alone! At least it definitely hasn't slowed him down!

Today was Jacob's dr. visit and he's doing great:
9 lbs 14oz (10%)
23.5 in long (75%)
He's started cooing and smiling but won't do it for the camera yet. I'll get a shot as soon as he does :-) He is really strong like Michael, the doctor said he was impressed by how great he was on his tummy. The poor guy got 3 shots-not fun-and is sleeping it all off now. And the best news of all...as of two nights ago, he is SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT! 9:30pm to 7am. Life could not be better- seriously!!

2 comments:

Tami Allred said...

The early signs of an athlete. He can endure pain like that he can do anything. Good luck keeping this guy down.

The Wimpy Mother said...

Oh Michael! You are such a champ! I love the duct tape idea! That is going to be a classic for the baby book.