Sunday, May 27, 2012
Little bit of everything. Climbing, charts, tongues, graduation, turkeys and hawk!
Jake is growing up fast and wants to do everything his siblings can. He loves climbing all the way to the top and I've given up trying to stop him since he does a great job climbing up and knows how to drop down just fine every time.
Michael wanted to smile for you too :-) He loves to talk and make you laugh and enjoys playing with Nicole and their little people. You can see Jake hanging in the background.
For fun dinnertime conversation I made a jar that has a ton of conversation starters on everything from questions about favorites to the Church to insightful questions... and it's helped us get all of the kids talking about subjects we wouldn't have thought to bring up otherwise.
For FHE we had another obedience lesson, and at the end they got "I Can Obey" badges. I made a chart for Nicole to start using so she'll "be ready when kindergarten starts" and she has been pretty good about getting herself ready. Michael kind of tags along and I made the first step for him, hoping that he'll get out of pullups soon. The real reason, though, is that I would prefer them to come downstairs dressed and ready for the day since it makes life a lot easier for me and helps them grow up. Plus, with the baby coming, I'd rather not have the kids in pajamas all day since I doubt I'll be bounding up the stairs to help them every morning!
Michael is a man of many talents. We were having ice cream cones and he got a dab on his nose. When I pointed it out, he just used his tongue to lick it off!
Reminds me of a giraffe, I don't know how he does it. We were all sitting at the table trying, but nobody could touch their nose with their tongue like Michael. Dinner is quite fun here I guess :-)
I had a dr appointment during Nicole's preschool graduation, so Jim took all the kids. When I arrived after my appointment to do the tradeoff so Jim could get to work, this is what I saw. I also saw the sign that said "no splashing or playing in water."
Nicole and her friend Anna were in the same class. Anna also goes to our church and it was a great experience for these two girls to be in preschool together this year. Anna got the kindness award I think and is a really sweet friend.
Tis the season! Here's another one of Jim's catches this week. One of the morning he went out it was the perfect setup- it had rained the night before, the temperature was a little cool, he got there just as the sun was rising and the still lake water was calling...but when Jim arrived he realized he had forgotten his kayak paddle! He still made a good catch that day, but came home soon after. All that open lake that he couldn't get to was just too much :-) At the fair last week we saw a guy with a shirt that said "Good things come to those who bait."
Jim got some pics of the kids playing at the park right before the graduation. This park is at a shopping center next to a Whole Foods and is really nice.
I love unique playgrounds that have fun climbing toys!
Michael was determined to go all the way across and he figured it out pretty quickly and repeated the process again and again!
Animal crackers kept the kids on the beach towel while the awards were presented.
Nicole got the best reader award and the teacher shared how she reads to the kids in class during center time. I can say I taught her to read, but her love of books and ability is a talent all her own. She is so cute and reads with inflection in her voice like a storyteller.
Michael and Nicole went with Jim to fish at a friend's pond but the kids were soon distracted- Nicole by a slip n slide the kids were playing on, and Michael by the baby turkeys. Jim said he just couldn't get Michael to leave these guys alone!
Michael chased them everywhere- even into their cage- and eventually had one by the tail and was petting its back while it squawked like crazy.
I glanced out the window during a light rain shower today and saw this hawk!
He stood there very stately while we took pictures, and after a few minutes took off to check out another viewpoint. We think he's after the rabbits that live somewhere in the back lawn area shared with our neighbors. Sometimes you don't realize how incredible these birds are until you see them up close. He was a magnificent bird, so beautiful and perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment