Friday, November 2, 2012

Day to day fun


I've been teaching Michael reading lessons from the "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Lessons" book. It worked great for Nicole and is really easy to use. Michael needs a little more incentive to sit down in his chair (he will be so wiggly that he will literally fall off the chair with no other cause than his own wiggles!) so I discovered that he loves gummy bears as much as his dad! He is over halfway done with the book and even though I don't practice writing letters with him, he has started drawing them. As you can see here, he started writing the word 'mom' all by himself. I am careful to keep him away from permanent markers because I remember that Joe wrote "I love mom" in permanent marker on the back of the couch back in the day.


I saw this cute idea to make rainbow waffles. We don't have a circular waffle maker but the concept was still fun.


The kids loved them! Michael was convinced they had different flavors and he ate so many I was sure he would be sick, but he was fine.


My kids love crayons, paint and makers. We've gone through phases of "structured drawing" that usually turns into the phase of  "kids getting out the paint when I'm not in the room and causing major messes" to the phase of "not even a pen or pencil within reach" to the phase that "I feel bad they are deprived and get the stuff back out". Here we are in the structured drawing phase.


Nicole has been working very hard on some entries in a Reflections PTA competition that will be due Monday. She is working on a unicorn picture and also a story. Look for the finished products soon!

No comments: