Jacob used a roll of floss to create his very own spider web. He was so proud of it and I thought it was pretty amazing how it looped around sinks, drawers, doors, and faucets. I vacillated between wanting to scold him and being impressed with his accomplishment. As far as messes go, no big deal, so I just told him to ask me for string next time.
Michael was line leader again, and a on a special day where the kids were going to frost gingerbread men. He got an itchy throat cough the day of and his teacher had me bring him home which was really hard for him- until I told him he could decorate one at home. It's all about the cookies I guess! The sad part was that his cough turned into nothing- he usually gets an asthmatic type cough this time of year- but I couldn't blame his teacher a bit with all the sickness that goes around this time of year! This picture is of Michael with Curious George, the class mascot.
'Tis the season! I've begun making the fudge- 12 lbs at a time. Usually when the boys are in preschool and during Diana's morning nap. I've learned a lot about the process and the smell is heavenly.
Since my allergies don't allow me to eat any, I think there is a significantly greater amount that makes it out of the house this year. We are at 36 lbs made so far.
The fudge has kind of taken over the fridge! But Jim delivers it the next day, so each time it's just one day of cramming everything else to make room.
We've had some very special family nights in December. This Monday I had the kids color these parts to the nativity scene while I read from the New Testament the story of Christ's birth. Then when we had put it all together I asked them to tell me how they feel about Jesus. Their sweet, loving thoughts were so precious! We decided this year to let them make a wish list for presents in November, and then buy and wrap all of the presents before December so that way none of us are really thinking about presents during the month. It seems to help us keep the real reason for the season in focus. Sharing this special time with the kids is such a highlight of the year!






No comments:
Post a Comment