Sweet little Katy is always surrounded by lots of loving siblings. Diana likes to point out her eyes, ears and nose. I have to remind her a lot to not touch Katy's eyes. Jacob can't figure out why Katy cries and I can tell he feels bad for her and wants her to be happy every single second. Michael is this amazing peacemaker and natural caregiver. He will gently pick Katy up, sing to her, tell her that she doesn't have to worry or cry because she'll be able to walk someday and play with him, and just generally is the sweetest boy to her. Nicole is more like Jake who just wants Katy to be happy and tries doing everything to help her not cry.
Sweet little Katy does cry a lot- at her dr appointment this week the dr told me her symptoms means she has reflux. It affects how much food she can keep down and I think it hurts her to be spitting up so much. The doctor encouraged me to try keeping her inclined instead of laying flat during the day and to feed her formula if her eating needs outpace me. So we're giving that a try and I really hope it works. I've had some bad headaches from just the noise level of it all (it's not like I have four other quiet kids lol). Apparently this resolves by around 6 months so we'll just hang in there and my sweet kids are so nice about all of the crying.
Nicole's Sunday hairdo. She really wanted me to take a picture. She is my no-frills girl and has always just wanted a simple ponytail, side ponytail, half ponytail (getting the picture?). So this was a big step! Of course she played so energetically it fell out later but it was nice to see her enjoying a fun hairdo.
Katy's been growing, we had her two month checkup last week and she got a lot of shots poor thing. She weighs 9lbs 4oz (10th%), is 23in long (68%) and her head is 14.5in (5th%). So tall and slender!
I've been at the dr office a lot between these well child visits and Diana's forehead trouble. Diana pulled off the top layer of superglue in her cut so we went to the ER- and all they did was put some steristrips on since it was too late for stitches. Of course Diana pulled the steristrips and any other bandaid off whenever we didn't watch her for a split second. The waterproof ones stayed on but hurt her after a while. I had her stay in the house for a week and now we're using mederma 3x a day to help heal it. She is all engines go all day! We also had her 2 year visit: she is 24lbs1oz (17th%), is 35in long (81st%) with a bmi of 13.8 (1%). Tall and strong is my little D!
Jake also had a dr appointment for his 3yr visit. We found out this month that he is SUPER allergic to poison ivy. 2 weeks of itchy suffering, especially at nights, poor kiddo! His dr visit was in April but I just found the paper. He is 31lbs (9th%), 39.5in long (28th%), with a BMI of 14 (4th%). A wiry, energetic 4 year old!





No comments:
Post a Comment