Sunday, February 15, 2015

100 Day, Family Valentine's Day

 
Totally in love with the colors on this guy. He had his first shed since we've owned him and the oranges, reds, dreamsicle blue and lemony-lime colors are incredible!
 
 
100th day of school wear.
 
 
Nicole cracks me up. I have no idea where she gets these ideas.
 
 
I've never seen these for sale here before (and they weren't here this week) but last week I saw these for sale at our local grocery store.
 
 
We had some beautiful weather one day this week so the kids and I walked to the park and played.
 
 
Katy was filthy with mud and bark but I loved watching her explore and enjoy the park!

 
Jake happy as can be in his Wild Kratt shirt!

 
Jake and I made a space shuttle and watched a replay of a shuttle takeoff at full volume at least 5 times. It was a pretty epic playtime together!
 
 
For Valentine's Day, I made heart shaped meatballs. I was happy that it actually worked!


 
I made some garlic breadsticks too. We watched Lady and the Tramp as part of our party night so the meal had to match ;)

 
Jello Jigglers are the symbol of a real party around here. The kids LOVE these!

 
 
Jacob's heart is apparently near his appendix.
 
 
I made a whole bunch of chocolate strawberries and let the kids go to town!

 
Diana just wanted to eat the chocolate and go on to the next strawberries.

 
Katy loved the meal, she has 3 teeth now so she's starting to enjoy our food a lot more!

 
We read a bunch of valentine books then Jim put D and Katy down. After the little girls were in bed, we played valentine bingo, taking turns being the one to hold the cards.

 
We also did our valentine trees. Earlier I traced each of the kids hands and arm on construction paper. I put their name on the arm, cut it out and taped it on the door. The kids were all super curious about why we did it. Then for Valentine's Day we each wrote on the hearts things we love about each person and taped it by their hand. The more kind feelings they have towards each other the better! It is fun to see them light up when they read sweet things about themselves too.
 

For Valentine's Day I gave Jim this fish. Because Jim is a great catch :)  This solid chocolate fish is one of those gifts that you give someone that you wish you could have had. If you weren't allergic to it.
 
Jim brought me flowers way ahead of Valentine's Day. For some reason it makes me feel like I'm not a last minute thought or duty. I love the smell of these roses too.

 
Katy is pulling herself up on things, climbing stairs, and getting geared up for walking soon. She is 10 months old now!

No comments: