Sunday, October 11, 2015

Conference and start of Fall

 
Diana LOVES to "help" with everything! With the air turning chillier I love to make chili and cornbread.

 
That little stick we planted a year ago is now a very tall tree. It grew two huge branches, and this winter we will trim off the smaller one so the bigger one will be our leader that all the rest of the branches will grow from.
 
 
General Conference was this past weekend and the kids played rock paper scissors to see who earned the giant pancake! Jacob was thrilled to win. The others were so disappointed it looks like next year we will have 5 giant pancakes :)

 
Jacob is learning to sound out words and it is so entertaining to try and read what he writes.
 
 
He worked very hard to write notes for one speaker each hour in a session as I'd asked and then to my surprise he kept writing for most of the others.

 
I made binders full of coloring pages from the church website and got special coloring pencils and Diana was entertained for about 3 of the 4 sessions with these. She would color until she fell asleep for a nap in the first sessions. It was amazing to actually listen for the majority of the time!

 
I asked Michael to write notes for two speakers from each hour and again I was amazed when he took good notes on literally every speaker all on his own!

 
We asked Nicole to do three speakers each hour and that covered prettymuch all of the speakers :) The kids earned Scooby Doo fruit snacks at "halftime" for each session if they wrote notes and also earned some prizes like sticker books and watercolor paint with church pictures to paint on.

 
We took a walk Sunday morning and are showing you the biggest leaves we could find. I asked the kids to find three things they loved that Heavenly Father created for us and it was sweet to hear their answers.

 
Katy walked the whole time and had fun trailing after the wildness that is her family.

 
Looking at the little stream that had risen from a lot of rain.

 
Diana and I have had a lot of fun with the kids in school. Little by little, the increased time we spend together with just us (while Katy naps in the afternoon) has become a great time to read and play and take selfies :) 

 
Diana takes a nap too sometimes. She can nap anywhere.

 
Apparently Diana grew another toe in preschool.

 
Jacob at soccer practice. I just love the warm air and beautiful sunset I get to watch at practice.

 
The kids dress themselves every day, even Diana. Sometimes I make style suggestions, but sometimes I just let it go. I think Jake is a big fan of plaid.

 
Katy is very patient watching Jake play soccer and she loves to play with buttons on my phone and talk to siri.

 
And here's my sweet angel baby growing up, 18 months old this week. She is so much fun, I love her personality and sweetness. She gives really sweet hugs, is shy around strangers, and whatever Diana doesn't get into- she does!

No comments: