The day after the 4th of July, we left our kids in the hands of friends and went to the hospital to get induced. Things moved pretty quickly. My ob told the nurses to call him when I was at a 7 since I tend to have babies fast. Well I got the epidural, then they checked me and I was at a 7. In less than 15 minutes (and not quick enough for the epidural to do it's complete magic!) they were calling in the on-call doc because our baby boy was not waiting around! My ob came in and within a minute we were welcoming our 6th baby! John Thomas Del Bianco was born July 5th at 1:15pm. He weighed 7lbs 5oz and is 20.5 inches tall. We are so glad he is finally HERE!
John's name is special to us. I have felt for four years that there was a boy waiting to join our family and that his name was John. To finally meet and hold this gift from heaven has been precious. His middle name Thomas is after our current prophet, Thomas S. Monson.
Thrilled to have him here!
Peace before the siblings visit
The kids came the next morning to visit and Diana could not wait to hold John!
Nicole loves being a caring and loving older sister.
The kids loved hearing about how John would be learning to use his hands and even how to see. They were so happy to see him and I had the feeling that our family was like a puzzle and John fit just right.
Jacob's little brother!
Michael couldn't wait to snuggle his little bro.
Round two with D.
Her excitement means there is a lot of fun in store for this guy.
"John" brought presents for the kids as a way to hopefully give daddy a little help for the next two days.
The older kids got some Pokémon figures and they've loved them.
Katy is so sweet.
Wide awake after visiting with his siblings!
Getting ready to leave the hospital.
Snuggle time before bed.
Michael was singing a song to John.
Michael and Diana taking turns holding John. They just can't get enough of him!
Diana with her "I didn't do it" expression.
Look at my baby :)
The morning after we brought John home- he was four days old- I started him on tummy time. He flipped onto his back. I was sure it was a fluke and tried again. A few minutes later he had SCOOTED off his blanket! I repositioned him and the next time I looked, he was flipped onto his back again. He is SO strong!
Looking around at the stripes on the blanket. It's fun to see his little wrinkly neck, like a turtle, as he checks out his world. Michael was a strong little guy too, and I remember we were amazed when he flipped onto his back at two weeks. Look out world for another active Del Bianco! :)






























No comments:
Post a Comment