Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Glimpse of Job and The Taco Bell Test

This last week I gained greater sympathy for Job. I caught a bad cold on Tuesday, on Wednesday I was carrying Jacob down the stairs and almost fell -twisting my ankle to my knee badly in the process, celebrated 19 weeks pregnant and had minor back surgery and lovely stitches on Thursday, had a horrible rash on my hand from eczema on Friday, took Nicole to the ER on Saturday after Michael crushed her fingers in a door for over 15 seconds (thinking he was supposed to push it that way to make it better) but she turned out okay, slept all day Sunday and used up probably 100 tissues from my cold, had more surgery on Monday and then cleaned up Nicole on Monday night when she got sick all over the kitchen and Jim (poor guy!) and our bed when she came to tell us she didn't feel well in the middle of the night, survived Tuesday when both of Jim's servers went down (splendid news since they couldn't even see the patient schedule and Jim is running around like crazy opening a new office in Raleigh) not to mention Jim locking the only set of van keys in the van, of course you can only imagine what my adventuresome boys were doing during this time when I couldn't walk from my sprain or bend over from all the stitches (actually from my last post you probably can) and today... well, today's exciting news eclipses anything from last week!
I had my 20 week ultrasound this morning and the baby looks wonderful. I must preface this announcement by saying that only twice in my life have I ever craved Taco Bell. Every time I'm pregnant I crave spicy foods (Chikfila spicy chicken with pepper jack cheese no pickle is to DIE for!), but only when I was pregnant with Nicole and this child have I had a strong desire for those soft tacos filled with that particular Taco Bell flavored meat and sauce and beans. Mmmm. I could list on one hand the times I've eaten there-normally I think it's kind of gross actually, so this is a big deal. And it only takes one time eating at Taco Bell to satisfy the craving (I still would like it, but am not dying for it). So, for my body, apparently the Taco Bell test rings true. If I crave those juicy tacos, IT'S A GIRL!! We can't wait to welcome another little sweet girl into our family! Nicole is thrilled to share a room with her sister and play with her and pick out cute clothes. Me too! I would be so happy with either a boy or girl, but when they told me I was having a girl, there was a distinct impression I had that this was right for our family, that this girl is just perfect for the dynamics we have and for my abilities as a mother. Several times I've had this sweet, spiritual impression that this baby would be a good friend to me. And today, feeling that confirmation that Heavenly Father knows what He's doing and that we'll be welcoming a daughter, I just feel so blessed, so loved, and so EXCITED :-)

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Yay! Very exciting! (About the girl part and having a healthy baby.) What a horrible week otherwise. Glad you made it through with most of your sanity. And I hope you have a better week this week.

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Congratulations! A little girl is perfect. We are so excited and happy for you guys!

P.S. Condolences on the Job-like week. :(