Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Exhibit A

Sometimes I think people don't believe me when I tell them how active and curious my boys are. Or maybe they think I just don't watch them closely enough. But let me tell you, my boys really truly are blessed with an abundance of energy, curiousity, and strength. I'd like to share exhibit A:
Our bookshelf cupboards are kept safe by these child proof locks. Thick plastic. Hard for me to remove so you'd think it would be impossible for a soon-to-be 2 yr old? I heard the crashing sound of game board pieces and puzzles on the floor and ran into the room.
Sweet Jacob simply broke the lock when he couldn't figure it out. He did the same to the fridge lock by hanging on it. I wonder how he broke this one. This picture is symbolic of a lot a things. My boys view the world differently than many others. If you leave anything out, they will get into it. I'm always a little in awe of the kids that walk right by their daddy's iPhone charging in the wall. Or simply let alone the figurines on the entry table... It's a different world over here. But I wouldn't change it for anything. Tonight Michael said "I love you, family." and he even squished a spider yesterday for me. LOTS of love for that! And I found Jacob reading books by himself on our big chair today, quiet as can be. Last night I sang songs to him- I stand up since I tend to fall asleep if I lay down on his bed. So he started a little routine of laying down, getting up to give me a hug and going back to bed, then getting back up to hug me and then going back to bed, etc and doing this until I finish singing. Such sweet, loving kiddos.
Now, if only they had child locks made of steel.

No comments: