I know this is an odd picture, but does it remind you of the broken latch? This is a door knob lock to keep kids out of the master bedroom. Because Jacob learned to put a finger from each hand in the hole and hang until it broke, we put clear strong packing tape around it several times so it could not be taken off unless you use scissors or something to cut it. Today I found this on the floor. Packing tape still completely wrapped around it!! I think my kids would make great magicians because they've totally stumped me on this one!
For St Patrick's Day we had green pancakes. I used the wilton cake food coloring paste so the color was much brighter than food coloring drops make them.
Michael didn't care what color they were, as long as they had syrup on them! I like his excited/impatient look of 'okay mom, take the picture so I can devour these.'
Jacob regularly eats just as much, if not more, than his siblings. His height and weight will surely rise above 7th percentile soon!
Our mild winter has blossomed into a beautiful spring. I've had windows open for weeks now to enjoy the fresh air. Hours at the park and backyard in shorts and t-shirts make for happy, tired kids at the end of each day. My magical discovery over the years is crocs. Instead of boys (and girl) with stinky feet and shoes with mud, sand, and dirt encrusted on them, I just rinse off the shoes and they're clean and dry by morning! Also, the air outlets somehow make their feet not stink. From memories of my five beloved brothers, I can tell you this is a 'wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!'
Our pear trees (don't produce pears, so not sure why that's their name) blossomed and the backyard view was gorgeous! We had a windy day the other day and it looked like it was snowing as tons of the little petals fell from the trees. I absolutely love having all three kids play outdoors! I hope you admire our green lawn as well. I will admit that it is 99.7 percent weeds. We do have the most beautiful weeds, though, don't you think :-)
I'm now in the final trimester, and we're all excited for this little girl to arrive. The boys have to put up with a less active mommy (can speed-walk-waddle after them which definitely not as thrilling for any of us!), I've had to quit working out (love to watch the body slowly break down!), Nicole is such a helper and has learned how to bend over and do the laundry for our front-loaders, and Jim gets to mow the lawn this summer (unless we decide to aim for an early delivery, just kidding). Here's to a fast-forward feel for the next 90 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment