Monday, February 24, 2014

February

 
I love watching Diana relax with the rest of the kids, she is really growing up!

 
We had some more snow days and the kids got initiated into Oregon Trail!

 
On the day of the snowstorm, the snow shifted to sleet and ice very fast. Jim's commute home from Raleigh was 3.5 hours! He had to steer around stuck cars and we all prayed for him. When he got to the driveway he couldn't make it up the small incline up our driveway, that's how bad the ice was. It was a miracle he was able to make it home!
 
 
We shoveled and got the ice cleared so he could pull the car up and I took a pic the next morning of how iced over his car and the driveway was the next morning! Jim didn't want to miss a day of work so he walked to the office that day!


Inches of snow with ice on top, then some more snow on top of that. It was quite a storm!


Treacherous front steps!


Before it started icing, the kids had an awesome time playing in the snow!

 
Even little D got in on the action out in the snow!
 
 
Poor little birdy that didn't migrate- he wanted IN!


 What? It's my style!
 
Nicole had her last basketball game and party. When Luke was visiting he helped her practice dribbling around a defender and then taking a shot. At the last game, the team tried to give her a few passes close to the basket since she'd never scored in a game but the other team caught on and was guarding her a lot. So her team went back to playing regular ball. Nicole happened to get a pass and what do you know- she dribbled around a defender and took a shot and made it! Nicole said her coach flipped out :) It was a great moment!
 
 
We loved the team and coach this year, and Nicole learned so much.

 
Painting the inside of the gecko cage! Jim had all of the kids help paint it, he is a very brave man. I'm thinking there are only so many more steps left before we actually get the geckos. Yikes! The only condition I have is that the geckos don't eat crickets as I'm sure anyone who has ever had cricket consumers can agree.
 
We had a great visit from Luke as well as Brandon! My kids loved having time with their uncles. The three oldest kids also got the stomach bug for the first time ever. That night I got literally less than one hour of sleep. I felt a little amazed at how I was still alive the next day. It's all passed and I've never been more grateful for a peaceful night's sleep! Jim is out of town for a few days so they all got better just in time. Here's to a quick week until Jim's home!

No comments: